Sunset Valley Resort (SVR) Guest Policies
SVR strives to provide our guests with an exceptionally clean, safe, and friendly experience. The
following policies have been established based on industry standards, management and
operational procedures, and our personal experience of owning and operating the Sunset
Valley Resort. These policies are considered a part of our reservation agreement with
guests. By signing the resort registration, guests agree to abide by all SVR policies.
· One accessible guest room is available (Room #12); please contact SVR directly to see if this room is available. There are three other rooms that are mostly accessible (Rooms 13, 14, 15).
· All rates are quoted in United States currency, plus tax (11%). Rates are based on standard room
occupancy for each type of room.
· May ONLY be made for the current year/season - If a reservation error happens contact Management immediately to void the reservation.
·If you want to make a reservation for the following year, please contact us at 231-889-5987 or 419-439-0659 to make the reservation.
·Please see Cancellation/credit or refund for parameters.
· We accept Visa, Master Card, American Express, and Discover Card, or PayPal. Use of a credit card guarantees guest reservations. Please make sure to receive a reservation confirmation number when a reservation is made. Please see cancellation/refund for parameters.
Early Reservations for next season/year:
· No reservations can be made for the following season without management approval.
·All reservations in July & August are for seven (7) days to reserve, unless otherwise approved by Management.
·All current year guests have first chance to reserve rooms for the following year, for their scheduled week or earlier. Please do these two (2) days before departure.
·A $100 non-refundable deposit per room may be required at the time of the reservation (this will be applied to your stay or if room cancelled by March 1st will be credited to your account).
·You may contact us after August 30th to check to see if availability for July and August is available.
Dog Free Rooms:
· We have designated “dog free” rooms for our guests with allergies. These Rooms are Nature (#7), and Michigan Birds (#8). All rooms are thoroughly cleaned between guests. If you have a problem, please let us know so we can help make your stay as pleasant as possible.
Guest Registration/check in:
· Contact information will be collected from the guest making the reservations, including first and last name, address, phone number, and signature. For insurance purposes, large group reservations require a primary name of the guest for each room before arrival.
· The primary registrant must be 18 years or older.
·Please let us know before your stay if you will need the sheets/blankets for the pullouts.
· Check in is at 4pm unless room is ready ahead of time, please call 231-889-5987 or 419-439-0659 to check. Guests should check in at the front desk to give credit card information for incidentals and to get a key before going to their rooms unless arrangements have been made.
· All guests must pay 50% of their reservation for the current year by April 1st or at the time of reservation if after April 1st.
·Any discount will be given AFTER the 50% deposit is made by the required time.
· Balance of room charges for the stay are due 30 days BEFORE arrival.
· Guests paying cash/check MUST ALSO provide a valid credit card number to cover incidentals or damages at check-in. There is a $75 fee per return on all checks.
· A valid government-issued photo ID is required for all transactions including check-in.
· Please park your vehicle in the designated parking areas as marked. Multiple vehicles may need to be parked away from the room if occupancy is high.
· Rooms are not transferable to third persons, even if the period for which the guest paid has not yet expired.
Coffee / Ice:
·We have ice available in the breeze way. Please limit it to one bag per day.
·We have coffee in the office from 7:30am-Noon.
· All rooms are 100% smoke free. Guests violating this policy will be charged a $350 fee.
· Our no smoking policy includes E-cigarettes/vape pens.
· We have four smoking areas, please use these areas only to smoke.
·Please NO SMOKING on the deck area and or on the beach.
· Dispose of all cigarette butts in appropriate containers.
·NO golf carts are allowed on SVR property. Bicycles, skateboards are allowed and should be ridden with care and respect to others.
·For the safety of all our guests, please do NOT ride bikes or other wheeled toys on the concrete around the buildings.
·Even if your bike has lights, riding after dark is prohibited on SVR grounds for safety reasons.
· The maximum occupancy per room must be adhered to unless approved by management.
· Depending on circumstances, additional charges ($15/day) may apply for each additional guest in a room.
· Please tell us if there are problems with your room upon arrival.
· We understand that items get broken. Please let us know right away of any breakages so that we can repair/replace the item.
· Primary registrants ( person who’s name reservation is under) are responsible for any and all changes in room agreements.
· Quiet time is 11pm, please be respectful of other guests, seasonal campers and our neighbors.
· Sunset Valley Resort (SMH SKY Management LLC & SMH SKY LLC are not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged personal property while guests are at the resort.
· We have private access to Lake Michigan, so please use our access and not those of our neighbors.
· SVR may refuse to accept guests who have violated policies during previous stays.
· Lost keys will be a $25 charge.
· SVR assumes no responsibility for any personal bodily injury incurred by guests during their stay or any damage to vehicles or personal property during a stay.
*Safety cameras are used throughout the property.
Check Out Policies:
· Check out is 10 AM (local time). Please come to the office to drop off keys. This lets us know that the room is empty and ready to be cleaned. Late checkout without notification could result in a $50 fee.
· Guests are asked to tidy up their rooms before departing. Please see the list of tasks on the front door of your room. This helps us clean rooms in a timely fashion for our next guests.
· No full or partial refunds will be issued to guests who check out early. Guests who are asked to leave the property for violation of our guest rules and policies will not be entitled to any refunds or credit.
· SVR management reserves the right to enforce the following policy:
· 30 days before date of arrival, Memorial Day-Labor Day – minimum charge of 2-night’s stay or up to 50% of total stay plus taxes. Before Memorial Day and after Labor Day minimum charge of 1-night stay or up to 25% of total stay plus taxes.
· 14 days before date of arrival, Memorial Day-Labor Day – minimum charge of 3-night stay or up to 75% of total stay plus taxes. Before Memorial Day and after Labor Day minimum charge of 1.5-night’s stay or up to 50% of total stay plus taxes.
· 14 days or less before arrival date, Memorial Day-Labor Day – minimum charge of 5-night stay or up to 100% of total stay plus taxes. Before Memorial Day and after Labor Day minimum charge of 2.5-night’s stay or up to 100% of total stay plus taxes.
· No refund/credit for early departure.
·Sunset Valley Resort (SMH SKY Management LLC) is not responsible for weather conditions, personal emergencies, or schedule changes. All changes will be managed to the best of our ability to reschedule if possible. We will give credit for room filled before your stay.
·Your account will be credited less any fees for cancellation. Refunds will be given, if necessary, at Management discretion.
Right to refuse service:
· SVR is privately owned and operated. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason(s) that do not violate Federal or State laws. Sunset Valley Resort reserves the right to refuse accommodation to those who refuse to abide by our policies.
· Manistee County and Arcadia Township RECYCLE. Please rinse out containers and put in the blue bins located with the trash cans. Please check the list of items that are recyclable.
Dog Policy (2):
NOTICE to guests bringing dogs, you MUST provide us with a copy (by email a minimum of 30 days before arrival) of your renter/homeowner liability coverage stating that you have a minimum of $300,000 coverage before bringing dogs onto the property (Sorry, but this is a MUST required by our Insurance Company). No copy - no Dog.
· While SVR is "dog-friendly", our four-legged friends are only allowed in certain designated rooms. Sorry, but the Resort does not allow cats, birds, snakes, pot-bellied pigs, or any other animals. Dogs only please with a maximum of two per room.
· A $30 per-night fee is charged for dog stays.
· Arrangements for bringing a dog need to be made at the time of reservation.
· Dogs must be on leashes at all times (this includes the beach).
· Our dog run is available and should be used, please do not allow dogs to potty in our common areas of our neighbors.
· Dogs must not be unattended in rooms or the dog run.
· Please be respectful of other guests who may be afraid of dogs.
· Clean up all dog waste immediately-waste bags are provided at the dog run and on the deck.
· Dogs are not allowed in other guests’ rooms.
· Dog owners/registrants are solely responsible for the actions of their dog. This includes any damage to SVR property, furnishings, or rooms as well the property or personal injury of other guests.
All dogs must be registered at check-in. Failure to register your pet will result in a minimum $250.00 fine.
Pet registration policy requires a $250.00 deposit, which is separate from the guest room deposit. Please drop of at check in with your room # and name on the envelope, and refundable upon room inspection/departure at checkout (8 a.m. or after).
Guest Removal Policy:
Guest may be asked to leave for the following (but not limited to) problems:
· Being involved in any police matter unless the matter arises through no fault of guest to circumstances beyond control.
· Possessing or using any illegal substances.
· Possessing an unauthorized weapon or firearm
· Disrupting other guests with loud noise, TV, music, disorderly conduct
· Drunk/excessive drinking or disorderly conduct
Violating the hotel’s service animal and/or pet policy(2)
Tampering with or removing window stops, smoke detectors and other safety measures.
Creating fire hazards on-premises
Damaging or destroying SVR property and facilities anywhere on the property
Feeding stray animals on the property or keeping animals inside parked vehicles
Engaging in any activity, including social media, or other internet posts that might jeopardize the safety and relative privacy of any SSVR guest or employee(s).
· No refund will be issued to guests who check out, or asked to leave from the property for violation of our guest rules and policies before their intended date of departure.
Firearms and Weapons (1):
·Due to Insurance reasons, firearms are NOT permitted on our premises without written approval by Management before arrival.
·Exception is law enforcement who are on duty and required to for their job. Still, we must be informed before arrival.
·Questions concerning these policies, or its implementation may be addressed to the hotel owners directly (231-889-5987 or 419-439-0659).
Cooking in sleeper rooms (Rooms 2, 6, 7):
· Use of other appliances besides the provided refrigerator and microwave, such as, but not limited to, coffee makers, hot plates, toaster ovens, rice cookers, barbecue grill, burners, or other heating appliance is prohibited. Charcoal grills are available for use outside by our guest.
·Due to insurance reasons, please let Management know about outside visitors before they arrive.
· No unauthorized visitors after 10:00 p.m. The registered guest must accompany visitors at all times.
· Children of all ages are welcome. Parents, guardians, or chaperones are legally responsible for
their supervision. For safety reasons, please do not leave children unattended in guest rooms or
allow them to roam the resort property unsupervised.
· Daily housekeeping Is not provided.
·Please let us know if you need anything.
Lost & Found Policy:
· Sunset Valley Resort assumes no liability for lost, misplaced, stolen, or damaged valuables or belongings. If you discover that you have left behind something of value to you, please call us immediately (231) 889-5987 or 419-439-0659 and we will try to assist you in locating your lost item.
Free Wi-Fi Access:
· Access to our Wi-Fi is free for our registered guests. Wi-Fi signals are subject to change without
notice depending on the room’s location, the status of our Wi-Fi-equipment, and interference
from other local wireless signals. Sunset Valley Resort assumes no liability for guest use.
SSVR Guest with no password
Damage Discovered after Check Out:
· Damage to rooms, fixtures, furnishing, and equipment including the removal of electronic equipment, towels, artwork, etc. will be charged at 100% replacement value. Any damage to resort property, whether accidental or willful, is the responsibility of the registered guest for each room. Any costs associated with repairs and/or replacement will be charged to the credit card of the registered guest.
Damage to Mattresses and Bedding:
· Damage to mattresses and linen including towels, mattress pads, sheets, bedspreads, blankets will result in a charge for the special cleaning, repair, or replacement of the damaged/removed article.
Damage or Tampering with Fire Detection Systems:
· Sunset Valley Resort reserves the right to act against any guest found to have tampered or interfered with any detection equipment. Depending on the severity of the guest actions, law enforcement may become involved at our discretion.
1 Exempted from this policy are law enforcement officers and designated military personnel who are on duty and required to carry firearms in the performance of their duties. Civilians, even those who are licensed and permitted to carry a firearm openly under local, state, or federal law, are not exempt from this policy.
2 Service animals and guide animals under the ADA, as amended, are accepted at all our hotels but must be disclosed and "registered" upon entering the property to eliminate confusion with staff and other guests, and a separate document must be acknowledged. As of 08/01/18 SSVR will maintain their own pet / animal policy outside of ensuring full ADA compliance for its properties. Speak directly with the GENERAL MANAGER of a hotel to discuss its specific pet/animal policy.
Policies and Procedures
Avenir Light is a clean and stylish font favored by designers. It's easy on the eyes and a great go to font for titles, paragraphs & more.